Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

Halloween started off with Zack and I carving a pumpkin. For Zack's first pumpkin carving experience he also wanted to taste what pumpkin was. He didn't seem to mind it too much. Mommy of course put a quick stop to eating raw pumpkin.
Zack instead "helped" clean the pumpkin out with a spoon.

I'm pretty proud of our Halloween costumes this year. I decided that our family would dress as the Rubbles from the Flintstone cartoon series. Bob was Barney, I was Betty and Zack was BamBam. Zack took his role as BamBam very serious and practiced for days before halloween. His toys and poor Abbie suffered a lot of practice. I've very proud of our costumes this year because normally I would bombard my poor mother to have her help me make my costume(s) but this year I pulled out a old sewing machine that was in our basement (that I thought didn't work) and sewed all our costumes. The part that I was most proud of was all of our costumes only took $15 to make! I was very resourceful. My costume I used a previous costume that either Bob or I had worn to a Murder Mystery Toga Party. I just cut it to make the betty costume. Zack's costume was easy because it was so small. And for the brown I was able to use the remnants from Bob's costume. Bob's costume I was going to buy fabric but it all would have costed me $5 per yard and I may have needed 2-3 yards. But while I was deciding I looked across the aisle at Walmart and saw a brown fleece blanket on sale for only $4.00. And it totally worked! I am proud of myself for making all of our costumes myself. I even figured out (mostly) how to sew fabric onto the bat for Zack club. This is definitly a milestone for me! But my mom isn't out of the woods yet, if there is every anything that needs a pattern to make I will definitly be knocking on her door. I am horrible at reading/understanding sewing patterns!
Every year our ward has a trunk or treat on Halloween. I'm not sure Zack really understood what was going on, but he's having fun eating his spoils from going car to car. Of course Mommy and Daddy are partaking as well.


After Trunk or Treating we went to Deanna's house to have our family party. It was a ton of fun. We brought our pumpkins to display on her doorstep. The neighbors/trick or treaters helped decide which pumpkin won the contest. I'm sure it was my mom's because let's be honest she's amazing. But in the end Deanna and Kelly gave me the prize for my canibal pumpkin. I didn't get any pictures because my camera battery died... boo. But I know that my sister and Arielle were able to get pictures so if I get any from them I'll post them here. We had fun at the party. We played games -- pumpkin bowling was the funnest! And of course we ate all the spooky treats.
My family always comes up great costumes!
And of course Baby #2 was part of all the fun. He even got his own costume...




4 comments:

  1. Love that you made your costume!! Who has a sewing machine in their basement and where did you get it? You forgot to add a picture of Mom's costume- that gross hat she likes to wear!!
    Glad you guys had fun - bowling was fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way cute costumes!! how fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE! I love your costumes - especially baby #3's! Looks like you guys had a great Halloween.

    ReplyDelete