Sunday, November 22, 2009

Updates, because I'm a slacker

I've been really slacking in the blog post area. I know I've said it before but being a part time working mom is hard work. When I'm home I love to play with Zack which also makes me a bad housekeeper.

So here is a quick overview of our past month...

The first weekend of November Bob, Zack and I went to the Wyoming/BYU game in Laramie, WY. It's great going to this game because we have family in Rawlins which is about 1 1/2 from Laramie. We left Friday after Bob got home from work. The drive to Rawlins is just over 4 hours. It was nice driving later because Zack slept for most of the ride. The only problem was when we actually got to Rawlins he was wide awake! Which made sleeping that night really hard. Normally we put Zack to bed in his own room and he does great. That night we tried to all go to bed in the same room at the same time. Zack wanted nothing to do with that. He knew we were there and he wanted out of his play pen. We tried to sleep in the same bed with him but he just wanted to sleep. Finally he fell asleep with us, which made horrible sleeping for me. Zack moves and kicks like no other. And there wasn't enough room on that bed for the three of us. I was very happy when morning came!
The BYU/Wyoming game was a lot of fun (for us, not the wyoming fans). BYU killed Wyoming. Which made it so I was able to focus more on Zack then the game. I also wasn't too worried about Zack being a distraction to those around us because let's be honest the Wyoming fans pretty much left after the 3rd quarter. Zack and I played on the bleachers. We ate hot dogs and popcorn and had a blast entertaining those around us. Nathan, Eric, Brandon (my cousins) and Evan (Brandon's son -- my second cousin) also were at the game. It was fun to hang out with the family for an afternoon. It was funny trying to get Evan and Zack to interact with each other. They pretty much just ignored one another the entire weekend. After the game we drove to Colorado to visit the rest of the family (my mom's sister -- my aunt Connie and fam).

We had a great weekend with my family. Sunday was a nice relaxing day for us. On Monday Bob, Connie, Evan, Zack and I went to Red Rock Canyon. It was really neat to see the amphitheater and to let the kids play on the stage. We also had a nice picnic. That night we went to Nathan's apartment clubhouse to watch the Bronco's game. It was fun. The guys pretty much got to watch the game in a room with comfy arechairs and a projector screen. The women all stayed out in the main area to let the kids run. It was fun because other families were there and Zack and Evan had a blast playing with the other kids.

This is a picture of Red Rock Canyon -- it was very cool and the amphetheater was built in between two of these type of rocks!




Tuesday morning we headed back to Utah. The drive was actually very nice. We went home through Veil so most of the drive was very mountain'ist (unlike the Wyoming drive which is pretty flat). We stopped in Grand Junction to let Zack play and to eat at a park. Zack did great on the drive home. He barely fussed, we are very lucky to have such a mild tempered child.


The next few days I'll try to post more...

What to expect -
Pregnancy update
Snow pictures... I actually might like this snow season!

No comments:

Post a Comment