Sunday, November 29, 2009

27 Weeks -- time is flying!

Since finding out that Bob and I were expecting another little one we have had 3 ultra sounds. Here is a look at how our little guy is growing.

9 Weeks -- I was worried that I was having an ectopic pregnancy because of a pain on one side. Everything was fine, and wouldn't you know it after the ultrasound the pain stopped.
At 15 weeks we had our first doctor appointment with the new doctor. She had just gotten a new ultrasound machine and was trying it out. And since she couldn't find the baby's heartbeat we got free picture of the ultrasound.
At 20 weeks we did the scheduled measuring of the baby and at that time found out that we were having another little boy. It took a lot longer to find out exactly what we were having because the little guy wouldn't cooperate and he just kept his legs stretched out so he was hiding the jewels. But after a lot of shaking the technician was able to say for sure that we were having another boy.

At 25 weeks our doctor asked if we could do another ultrasound because at the 20 week ultrasound the baby was laying in a way that they couldn't get a good look of the spine. I also had them recheck the sex of the baby. This little guy just didn't want to cooperate at all. He was laying so his bum was down and his spine was completely hidden. But after a lot of shaking he finally flipped so his head was in my backbone and his bum was pressed towards my stomach. He's quite the contortionist. But again we got definite confirmation that we were expecting a little guy.
We are very excited. And I feel horrible that I don't talk about the pregnancy as much as I did with Zack. But this pregnancy has been going so well that there isn't much to talk about. I only had a little morning sickness towards the beginning and then nothing. I started feeling his kicks shortly after the ultrasound. And Bob was able to feel him kick for the first time when we were in Wyoming for the BYU/Wyoming game. He's hanging out a lot lower then Zack was. I feel a lot of his kicks in my hip bone. I'm also get kicked in the bladder a lot. Which if you've never had children before it's such a weird feeling to be going about your day and be kicked in the bladder from the inside.

As for names we've got a few names on our list. I have a hard time committing to just one right now because I want to meet the little guy first before it's final. The middle name has been the hardest for us to figure out. I like the idea of using a family name for the middle name. With Zack he was given the middle name LaCon which is also Bob's middle name as well as his Grandfather's middle name. I wanted to give this baby a middle name from my side of the family which has proven to be very difficult! My mom's dad's middle name is Lavon which he hates. I actually really like it, but he wouldn't even pass his middle name onto his only son, so I'm pretty sure he wouldn't like it if I passed the name on. My dad's dad's middle name is Asale (sp?) which isn't a bad middle name but I can just picture some teasing if anyone found out that middle name. My dad's middle name is also the first name of my brother and I feel that it's his responsibility to pass that along if he wanted to. Which leaves us either the first name of my grandfathers or going into the next generation of grandparents. We'll figure something out though.

Zack and the new baby will share a room so we haven't had too much to do to get the room ready. The baby will stay in our room for the first few months which gives us at least 6 more months to figure out sleeping arrangements. We may get a new crib for the baby just because we aren't sure that Zack is ready for his own bed yet. But again we have some time. The new baby will also be given most of Zack's hand me downs so that makes it a lot easier. Of course we'll have to get some things like long sleeved onesies and some weather appropriate clothes. But for the most part we are all set.

It's going to be crazy having two kids under the age of two! I hope we are ready for this....

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! It has been a while since I have read any blogs. Congratulations on Baby #2! That is so great! I am very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete