Friday, February 29, 2008

22 Weeks

It's the beginning of 22 weeks along. There hasn't been much change. I have been able to feel our little guy moving a lot more. I'm not sure if I'm ready for all the kicks, pokes and jabs that I'm sure are to be coming soon. I still can't believe I've past the 1/2 way point it's so exciting.

My mom and I went to look for fabric to make the bumpers for the crib and anything else we will be able to make. Bob and I still haven't agreed on a "theme" for the room. Bob is really into sports (football and basketball mostly) so I thought it would be fun to decorate in a sports theme (but not too overboard). I found the cutest piggy bank that is shaped as a football at Target. And with as much sports as Bob watches our little man is sure to like sports just as much (we hope.) Plus Bob's two favorite teams are Michigan Wolverines and BYU Cougars and I'm sure we'll get a lot of BYU stuff. Michigans colors are Navy Blue and Yellow and BYU's colors are Dark Blue and Tan. I don't think we'll decorate in Blue, yellow and Tan, but we can try to incorporate some of those colors in the room I'm sure. Plus I'm sure whatever I choose Bob will go along with eventually.


After looking at all the fabric I've decided it's REALLY hard trying to decorate a room for someone I haven't met yet. It's weird that I would put this much stress and energy into just decorating a nursery, but I want it to be perfect!


I did find a book at the library called Baby Must Haves it's put out by Parents magazine and it's been a great book! It has tons of "mommy" tips in it. And it's great because it's not bias to one brand or another. I really like it.


I had my 4th appointment last week. This is the 3rd time (counting the ultrasound) I got to hear his heart beat. It's just so releaving to hear it each time! I do like the fact that I'm feeling him move more and more. I'd like to think I'm not so freaked out about the whole pregnancy. It's happening and I'm so excited!


Since I haven't posted in a week or two of exactly what's happening with our little man here is week 22 updates.
Your baby now looks like a miniature newborn, checking in at 10.9 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound. His skin will continue to appear wrinkled until he gains enough weight to fill it out, and the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his head and body is now visible. His lips are becoming more distinct, and the first signs of teeth are appearing as buds beneath his gum line. His eyes are developed, though the iris (the colored part of the eye) still lacks pigment. Eyelids and eyebrows are in place, and his pancreas, essential for hormone production, is developing steadily.


3 comments:

  1. I think that the sports theme is cute. You can start out with a few touches and keep adding as they get older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did my first babies room in more adult colors and patterns and now that i'm haveing our 3rd i went out and bought all new crib and nursery stuff in pastel baby colors and soft little zoo animals. i missed having the baby stuff! so my suggestion is to keep it really baby cuz by the time he's two he you'll have to revamp the room and get him a new bed and everything anyway. then you can go with the more sporty, little boy look. that's my thoughts anyway but you can find some really cute sporty material in baby colors too. : ) oh incase you missed it i had to keep it a secret till i told my inlaws but they know now so our baby is due July 22. I'm half way TODAY! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me so excited for you! It is kinda strange at first planning a room for a little person you have never met but it is the most exciting thing ever!!

    I heart tiny things!

    ReplyDelete