Tuesday, February 5, 2008

18 Weeks

What's going on with me:

Things have started to even out for me. I'm mostly getting over feeling nauseaus about dinner. Bob has been really helpful in not having me cook dinner most nights. That has been a big help. If I don't have to think about it before then I don't get sick when I eat it. There have a been a few times I just couldn't eat the dinner we were having, but I'm sure that was because of all the flavor that was in the food. I have to stick to a pretty bland diet. Fun times. I don't think I've felt the baby move yet. I have been feeling these weird fluttery feelings at the top of my stomach but I don't think it's the baby because I'm pretty sure the baby isn't that high yet. So if anyone knows what it might be let me know. And I only really feel it when I'm laying down at night or when I'm sitting still in my chair. We have officially scheduled our Ultrasound for next Tuesday (Feb 12th). I'm really excited to see our baby on the big screen. And it will be neat to have a video of the ultrasound. Hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures as well for a scrapbook.

I'm also adding a poll to the sidebar to see what everyone thinks we are having - a boy or a girl.



What's going on with the baby:

Head to bottom, your baby is approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and she weighs almost 7 ounces. She's busy flexing her arms and legs — movements that you'll likely start noticing more and more. Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin and her ears are now in position and stand out from her head. Myelin (a protective covering) is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and Fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If your baby is a boy, his genitals are noticeable, though he may hide them from you during an ultrasound

6 comments:

  1. Hey girl...don't panic about not feeling the baby. I didn't feel the first flutter until I was about 20-22 weeks. :)

    I love that you are keeping this blog. (I am not sure if I have told you that or not.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know what you guys think you are having! (Are you still thinking boy?) As for me, I'm thinking girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I really have no idea. I say boy and Bob says girl so at least one of us will be right :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee hee. IT'S GAS.

    just kidding. fluttering prob. is the baby moving ; )

    and true...first time I felt sweetie move wasn't until around 22weeks or something-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!!! It's ultra sound day!!! What is it? What is it? What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for letting me come to the ultrasound today, Jen! It was really neat to see the new grandbaby! -- Mom

    ReplyDelete