Tuesday, February 19, 2008

1/2 way

I can't believe it's already 20 weeks! We are 1/2 way through the pregnancy and I'm feeling really unprepared. I'm definitely starting to show a lot more. Superbowl Sunday (Feb 2) I wore a pair of Bob's pants that didn't fit him anymore, but were loose on me. Sunday I tried to put the same pants on and I couldn't even button them. Hopefully I'll have some belly pictures this week.

Now that we know we are having a boy we can start shopping for "stuff" but I have no idea where to start. I've looked online at a few different stores for cribs, changing tables, dressers and so on. So I have an idea of what we want and what we need but it's just overwhelming. I want to paint the nursery so I guess that's where we should first start. One of the walls are already a very blue color. Bob thinks we should just leave it and decorate from there. But I'm not in love with the color. It's the color from the family that lived there before us and I don’t really like the ONE wall being painted. I have a few ideas how I want to paint the room so I'll have to start working from there. And I guess if I want to have it done my way I should start sooner then later. But I don't want to paint the room then have to find accessories to match it. On March 28-29 at the South Towne Expo Center there will be a Baby Day Expo (kind of like the Wedding Expo's); my mom and I are going to that. I'm excited. We'll see the latest baby and maternity fashions. Plus see all the fun new inventive things to make living with a newborn easier.
Sorry this post is just rambling. I’m trying to figure what I want to do and sometimes writing it is the best way for me to start.

What the baby websites are saying:

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's about 10 inches from head to heel— the length of a banana. (The way your baby is measured now changes.) A greasy white substance called vernix caseosa coats your baby's entire body to protect his skin during its long submersion in amniotic fluid. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky substance made of dead cells, digestive secretions, and swallowed amniotic fluid, which will accumulate in his bowels and end up in his first diaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment