Friday, January 18, 2008

Sleep?

Sleeping has become more and more difficult for me lately. I'm not sure if it's the growing belly or the fear that I'm sleeping on the wrong side. I usually sleep on my right side facing the edge of the bed. Sometimes I would sleep on my stomach or my back. But now being pregnant and reading websites and books it says I should be sleeping on my left side. This is really uncomfortable to me. And I usually end up switching to my right side anyways. But I'm so worried that I'm either squishing the baby or cutting off blood or oxygen supply that I toss and turn all night long trying to find a postition that is comfortable to sleep. I also worry that I'm sleeping too much on my belly. I use a pillow and it's comfortable to me but I don't know how much pressure I should be putting on my belly or if I should be leaning away from it. It's all so confusing and new for me.

I probably should stop worrying and just let my body do what is comfortable but I just want everything to be perfect for this baby that I worry worry worry!

6 comments:

  1. You should just sleep however you are most comfortable because once you fall asleep your body is going to get in the position it wants to be in. Enjoy this time that you CAN find a comfortable position!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and if you couldn't tell, that's me, Candice. I started a family blog for all of us, that's why it's all of our names. I'm still working out the kinks. I am going to need your help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When it becomes wrong, your body will tell you. Trust me on this one. One day you'll go to sleep on you belly and your body will stage a revolt, and you'll go 'oh, okay, I guess I can't do that anymore.' End of discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With my first one i made Eric switch sides of the bed with me cuz i was more comfortable sleeping with my back to the down hill side of the bed. it only lasted a few days cuz he couldn't sleep but for those few days it was bliss! : ) i always get real uncomfortable sleeping on my back or stomache, part of me thinks it's sychological and the other part of me thinks it's my body saying "stop it your hurting somthing" especially when i lay on my back i can feel my pulse through my body and i think "probly shouldn't do that" but if you don't feel uncomfortable then do your best to sleep now because beleive it or not (i know i didn't until it happend to me) you'll be getting alot less sleep when the baby actually arrives, plus you don't sleep near as well when your 7, 8,9 months pregnant as when you are 5, 6, nmonths. baby belly just gets big and uncomfortable

    ReplyDelete
  5. BODY.PILLOW!
    Saved my life... BOTH TIMES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need to remember that Jen/Bob Jr is surrounded by a nice cushy gel pillow. So your lil' one is comfy all the time. You should sleep whatever way is the most comfortable for you.

    ReplyDelete