Thursday, January 10, 2008

How it started

October 29th was the day Bob and I officially found out we were pregnant. We were very excited but nervous. Many of our close friends and family knew that we had done an insemination procedure and we proceeded to tell them with caution. It was still early in the pregancy so we were being very cautious. Our first doctors appointment wouldn't be until Dec 5th, so I needed to keep my mind busy. That wasn't so easy with the early changes in my body. Cramping was one of the first signs of my pregnancy. I was nervous about it at first because I was worried I was misscarrying again but the nurse reasured me that cramps were normal because the uterus was expanding. The next big sign of the pregancy was my appetite change. I felt like I was always hungry! I tried eating 5-6 small meals a day to keep the hunger from making me sick. I didn't get much in the way of morning sickness my first trimester.

Dec 5th. - At our first doctors appointment Bob and I weren't really sure what to expect. We knew they would try to see if we could hear a heart beat but since we were still only 9 weeks along they weren't sure what we would hear. The doctor wasn't able to find the heartbeat but did a quick ultrasound just to calm my nerves. We were able to get our first glimps at our little baby. "It" was doing flips and moving around. Quite the active little baby. The doctor said it was hard but he saw flickers of the heart beat and at our next appointment we should be able to hear the heart beat. The next few weeks were uneventful. Mostly we just concentrated on getting through Christmas. I still hadn't had much morning sickness and felt blessed. But Christmas day that all changed. The week of Christmas I was 12 weeks along and from that day forward I haven't been able to hold my dinner down. Morning sickness was definitly catching up to me. My pants started getting tight and I've resorted to wearing rubberbands to keep my jeans comfortable.

Jan 2nd was our 2nd Doctors appointment. Again Bob and I weren't really sure what to expect. In total the appointment took 15 minutes. I peed in a cup, the doctor measured my belly and we FINALLy got to hear the heartbeat. Everything was starting to become so real. I'm still having a hard time holding dinner down. But I'm learning what works and what doesn't.

Yesterday I bought my first preganancy bras (I'm a 36E!!!) and my first maternity pants. It's so sureal that this is happening. I feel like it's a dream and I hope that I won't be waking up anytime soon.

This is only the beginning I'm hoping to keep this blog updated to document the path to our new baby. I wanted this blog to be completley seperate from my other blog so that I could focus 100% on what is going on with this pregancy. We are really excited and everything is so new for us.

Thank you for taking this journey with us.

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow, girl, your boobs are HUGE!!! (Welcome to the club!)

    Mine got to a 38G when I was pregnant with the demon seed. But, they only make pregnancy bras up to a 38F so I had to squeeze into a size too small. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 38G! How did you even stand up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a baby. Every time I read about YOUR baby... I cry!
    I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete