Wednesday, January 16, 2008

15 Weeks

As of Monday I am 15 weeks along. So according to some of the websites that I've read here is what is going on with the baby...

Your baby's skin is very thin and you can see the blood vessels clearly underneath. The scalp hair pattern is developing while fine hair called lanugo covers your baby's body. Rapid growth of your baby continues at this point. Your baby is approximately 12-14 cm (3.7 to 4.1 inches) and weighs about 50 grams (1.75 to 2 ounces).
Your baby's taste buds already look like a mature adult's and doctors have learned that the amniotic fluid that surrounds it can smell strongly of curry, cumin, garlic, onion and other essences from a mother's diet. Your baby's bones continue to harden and retain calcium very rapidly. Your baby's eyelids are now firmly shut, and will stay closed until the third trimester.

Symptoms wise I'm about the same. There are days I feel like always throwing up, but then there are days were I'm just fine. Dinnertime is still the worst for me, nothing ever sounds good to eat. I can't wait until I start craving certain foods... I wonder what it will be. I have noticed that every morning my nose is pretty stuffed up. From the websites I've read this is common about this time. I need to get my humidifier plugged in everynight, hopefully that will help me breath better in the morning.

Abbie and I have switched roles, instead of him waking me up in the middle of the night to be feed it's me waking him up. It's going to be intersting having a baby in the house full-time. I hope that Abbie adjusts well.

8 comments:

  1. have you tried useing viatamin e for your nausea? i didn't think it could possibly work but it totally does! just take a vitamin e oppisite your prenatle vitamin (ie. prenatle in the morning and vitamin e at night or visa versa) and my nausea just went away! it is so amazing! (i used 400 I.U.)if i miss a day taking my vitamin e the nausea just comes back. but when i take it it makes all the difference! try it i hope it works as well for you as it did for me!
    good luck! Tammy (Eric's wife) case you didn't know who i was. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, are you going to find out what you're haveing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tammy, I'll have to try that. We are going to find out what we are having, probably the middle of Feb -- so stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vitamin b6 and Folic acid + Unisome!

    Oh Jenny. I'm feeling you on this sickness CRAP!
    I'll email you later with my WHOLE LIST that I've compiled... I've been REALLY sick with both of my babies!
    I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I remember researching all of this... how exciting!!! yay!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps - the best thing for nausea - Sonic ice (lowering the temperature in your mouth). I lived on ice chips to the point I got a toy snowcone machine and LOVED that thing until the day I gave birth. You should get one.. they have them at target. The way I knew I was pregnant - I was congested. I was a plain, red sudafed freak because I have terrible sinuses. I wonder if Vicks on your feet would work? Can you use Vicks when you're pregnant?

    my favorite website when I was pregnant: www.safefetus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. say cheese - please send me anything that you have. I love information.

    Holly - I'll have to try ice chips. But mostly the sickness is before or after I eat so who knows. And thanks for the website I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete