Monday, January 14, 2008

Not hiding anything

I've decided that talking about baby stuff is really hard for me to do. I'm not sure what is acceptable to talk about and what isn't. I'm happy to answer any questions that people have for me about the baby or the pregnancy and I'll be as open as I can; but fitting baby stuff into any conversation (with friends or family) is really hard for me to do. I feel that if I talk about it then my family or my friends will just feel like "oh great, here she goes again talking about herself." I still have 6 more months to go with this pregnancy and the last thing I want to do is make people tired about hearing about it.

I've been really bad about keeping people up to date about what is going on. But that's mainly because there isn't much to talk about. I haven't felt the baby move. I don't know what the sex of the baby is. And I sure don't want to talk about throwing up or how big my boobs have gotten. I'm not even sure if I've talked to my grandma at all about being pregnant. She knows obviously that I am pregnant; but other then that nothing. Does that make me a bad person? It's just so hard for me to call every person that knows about the pregnancy and let them know what is going on when I feel like nothing is going on.

Also I feel that if I talk about the baby or the pregnancy I'm just jinxing myself and something bad will happen. I'm still in partial denial that this is really happening. I've gotten past the first trimester and my chances for a miscarriage or anything else bad happening has dropped but every doctors appointment I'm afraid of bad news. I try not to be negative about it but it's honestly just the way I feel about it.

So to not really think about it I don't talk about it. It makes it easier on me.So for any family or friends that start to read this blog, I'm sorry if you feel that you are out of the loop. But there really isn't anything that is going on. As soon as I know something I'll let you know something.

8 comments:

  1. I can understand why you feel like not talking about it much. I never really liked talking alot about my pregnancies because I felt like it just opened up a flood of unwanted advice and stories. Not that I don't care, I just knew that my pregnancy was unique and I didn't want to compare it to everybody else's. I REALLY try hard not to do that with my pregnant friends - sorry if I do! But, I know that this is a completely new experience to you and of course you're going to have questions so if there's anything you ever want to ask me, I'm here.

    (Oh, and by the way - I'm going to be ALOT closer. SOON!!! But, like you thinking you're going to jinx the baby, we think this news might be jinxed, too. So, you never heard aything from me!)

    Take care and I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been through a lot sweetie. Your fears about a problem are VERY understandable. I think if I ever have another baby I will feel many things that are similar.

    Just talk about what YOU feel comfortable about, no more, no less.

    Your kid is going to be freaking amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's hard to talk about your pregnancy to people who aren't currently pregnant. This blog is the perfect way to allow yourself to talk, talk, talk without feeling guilty. I'm sure your friends and family don't mind you talking about it, especially if they've been pregnant before. It's such a weird and amazing experience and there are so many new things going on with your body, you have every right to want to talk to people about it.

    Again, I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear everything you have to say about this pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it's hard to talk about your pregnancy to people who aren't currently pregnant. This blog is the perfect way to allow yourself to talk, talk, talk without feeling guilty. I'm sure your friends and family don't mind you talking about it, especially if they've been pregnant before. It's such a weird and amazing experience and there are so many new things going on with your body, you have every right to want to talk to people about it.

    Again, I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear everything you have to say about this pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I agree. Talk about it if/when/where you want to-- or don't. I'd LOVE to hear ALL about the pregnancy (though i must admit, I'm right there w/ ya about the jinxing thing--I catch myself holding my breath too) but at least you're not alone, right? I love you!! And I for one will NEVER get sick of hearing you talk about the pregnancy--it makes me HAPPY!! And it's fun for me to reminisce (sorry no spellcheck) about what it was like when I was pregnant...sigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pearl - I'm open to all comments and suggestions, it will just be up to me if I want to take it or not. And yeah for moving closer... crossing my fingers.

    Loralee - Thanks for the support, you rock!

    Loriloo - Thanks, I just thought this was a perfect way to keep people updated.

    Little Miss - I know how much your love baby stuff. I just feel bad because i know you still want another one. So live vicariously through me k.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like hearing about your pregnancy! --mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can totally relate with you on 100% of this. PLUS... it's ok not to talk about the baby right now. Cause once you DO start to get big. It's all people will WANT to talk to you about and you will find yourself talking about nothing BUT your child... once "it" is out! Your feelings are TOTALLY valid.

    I DO WANT TO KNOW WHEN YOU FEEL THE BABY. It will feel like you have butterflies in your tummy. Take time to sit still and TRY to feel it. It is INCREDIBLE. I can't WAIT for you to feel it!

    ReplyDelete