Saturday, May 28, 2011

Weddings are mini reunions

I love any reason to get together as a family and have fun. I love weddings! Two people getting married and starting a family is a wonderful event.

A few weekends ago my cousin Cortney married her soulmate Derek.

We weren't able to make it for the acutal wedding but we did make it to the reception. They were married in the Idaho Falls temple so it's about a 3 1/2 hour drive for us. My mom was kind enough to watch Zack for the weekend. So it was just Jeanette, Gavin and I that drove up for the evening. My dad came later, which I was glad he could because he wasn't sure if he was going to make it. Bob didn't go because he couldn't get off work in time, and I figured it would be a great weekend for him to work on re-building our fence. (which is why my mom watched Zack for the weekend).



This wasn't Zack's first sleepover at my mom's house, just the first one he remembered. We packed him a backpack and got his sleeping bag. He was very excited!

So Jeanette and I made the drive to Idaho. Gavin did really well until we got to Pocatello, then he was done. We took a quick break then hit the road again since we were so close. We made it to the reception about 20 minutes before it started! I love seeing my aunts and uncles and cousins from Idaho and Canada.

We had so much fun hanging out and just goofing off. My grandpa even joined in the fun by the end of the night. Gavin isn't a big fan of people or large groups so he stuck near my most of the night. He did start to warm up to other people though and I was able to sneak away to get things out to of the car a few times.

 
  

Katie caught the bouquet.  You go girl!
After the reception we went back to my Aunt and Uncle's house and just hung out and ate pizza. It was so much fun being around everyone. Makes me super excited about the upcoming family reunion!

We left the next afternoon. On the way home Jeanette and I stopped at the firestation that Raymond was working at. It was fun to get some pictures of Gavin on Ogden's newest firetruck. He did a lot better on the way home, the Ogden stop definitly helped.
 
 

It was a wonderful quick trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment