Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sleep Routine

It's funny how some kids just decide on their own their sleep routine. Up until Zack figured out how to open doors he had 2 naps a day. Once he figured out the doors naptime was over.

With Gavin we are lucky because he's still in a crib. Not sure exactly when or why we moved Zack to a toddler bed but I think it was about Gavin's age now (maybe a little bit older).

Anyways Gavin has been awesome with bedtimes and naptimes. I'm sure I've said this before and so far we haven't had to much problems with him.

For naptime he usually goes down about 11am. Lately it's been a little bit later, but that's 100% my fault. And when Gavin takes a nap it's 2-3 hours long. We are blessed!

His routine:
Once he starts acting fussy I ask him if he needs to take a nap. His normal answer is a grunt and a head nod.
I then make him a bottle of milk
He drinks the milk
I wrap him in his blanket and give him his binky.
I then carry him to bed and hand him a book.

After that it's up to him as to when he falls asleep. Normally I don't hear a peep from him. The other day I went in to check on him and this is what I found.


So stinking cute! I love that Gavin is such a good sleeper and goes right to bed. He's also pretty predictable with his sleep schedule which helps a ton. I've said this before and I'll say it again Gavin is a true blessing to our family! Just as Zack is a blessing to our family!

1 comment:

  1. Can he teach Kairi this instead of banging her head against her highchair!

    ReplyDelete