Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Naptime 2 & 3

Bedtime at night in the newly converted bed has continued to be a success. By night time Zack is all but ready to go to bed. He doesn't even make a peep when we lay him down.


Naptime is still proving to be a challenge.


Naptime #2 in the new converted bed:

DID NOT GO WELL.

Zack had been in his room for close to an hour after I put him to bed. I thought all had gone well. I was very proud of myself. But when I opened to door to peek on Zack he wasn't in his crib. So I opened the door wider to look in the closet and he wasn't there. I did find him sitting in his chair WIDE AWAKE. The kid hadn't even slept! So I took him back to bed and told him it was naptime. He said bye bye with a wave and a smile so I left. I think he gets that this naptime not play time. So off I went. Only to return a few minutes later to the sound of his closet door being opened. After a few more attempts Zack finally came out of his room. He was wake the rest of the night. He doesn't even act tired! So I thought his naptimes were over.


Naptime #3 in the newly converted bed (Wed):


I figured that if Zack wasn't going to take a nap he'd have to spend an hour in his room. Maybe he'd "get" the reason he was in there. Plus I'd get some stuff done too. After about 30 minutes I went in to check on him and this is what I found




He is such a character. He probably sat in the chair waiting for me to check on him and fell asleep. I wonder what would happen if tomorrow I took the chairs out? I love this kid so much. He makes every day an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment