Monday, March 29, 2010

Big Boy Bed!

Saturday Bob converted Zack's crib into a toddler bed.

Zack was pretty excited about the fact that he could play in his bed now. Right away he threw all his balls into his bed. He had a blast shooting baskets from his bed. Zack has started taking anyone that he can into his room to "sit" on a stool and watch him play. It's the funniest thing, he takes the person by the hand into his room, points at the stool and says "sit". He then will either play with his toys or he'll start piling toys on that person's lap. Saturday it was my mom's turn to sit. He would throw the balls into the hoops that were set up around his bed then have her fetch the balls. He also loved jumping on his "new" bed.
I was a little nervous about how the toddler bed would work. With this new found freedom I worry that we'll never keep him in bed! Saturday night actually worked out really well. Since my Mom was over he completely wore himself out. He didn't even fuss when we layed him down for the night.

Sunday is a little hard for us because our church is right in the middle of Zacks naptime. We have church from 1:00 to 4:00pm; Zack's naps are usually from 12:00 to 3-4:00. This Sunday we didn't try to do a early nap because it's hard enough for us to get to church on time, we didn't want to worry about having to wake him up. So we skipped nap. But by the time we were on our way home the little guy was exhausted. So we layed him down for a nap after church and he just crashed.

So far bedtime aren't a hassle with his new bed and the one nap was a success.

Today (Monday) has been a different story. After lunch I took Zack to his room for naptime and layed him down with his blankets. He's a good listener and layed down just like I told him to. Then I went back into the living room to attend to Gavin. A few minutes later I could hear Zack trying to get out of his room, so I went in and put in back in bed and explained that it was nap time. About 5 minutes later out walked our little boy. So back into bed he went. This time he was getting a little weepy and starting to sniffle. I sat down with him and explained that it was nap time and he needed to stay in bed. Then back into the living room I went. Zack started crying shortly afterwards, which isn't too unusual (sometimes he'd cry for a minute or two). True to form he only cried for a few minutes, then it was quiet. I was so proud of him for listening to me and staying in bed. About 30 minutes later I went in to check on him. But he wasn't in his bed. So I thought maybe he was playing with his toys in the closet.
When I walked into his room this is what I found:

Such a silly little boy!

1 comment:

  1. HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA I love it!!
    Way to go zack for sleeping in your bed a few times!!

    ReplyDelete