Friday, December 26, 2008

Tooth

On Monday, December 22nd Zack started teething. Jaclyn had mentioned that she thought he was because he was acting fussy and was not eating. Sure enough that night I felt Zack's bottom gum's and I could feel a tooth. Unfortunately on Tuesday when I took him to Bob's parents house to be babysat while I was at work he was in a lot of pain. They said that he cried for 3 hours straight and he only slept for about 10 minutes. Poor little guy. That night he started crying again and we could tell he was in pain but didn't know what to do. We tried Tylenol but it just did seem to work. Finally I went to Walgreen's and got the Teething Tablets that Jaclyn had recommended and within 10 minutes of giving it to him he was out cold.

The good thing about the tablets are they are homeopathic so they don't have any side effects and are all natural. It's a good thing I had the day off on Wednesday because Zack was up until after 1 am. Unfortunately Bob wasn't so lucky. He had the day off but he was on call. At 5 am he had to work on a forklift then again at 9 am. It was a rough night but we made it through and Zack is now the proud owner of his FIRST TOOTH! I've tried to get a picture of it, but it's still small and Zack likes to stick his tongue out when I try to see his tooth. But I can definitely feel it there!

We had a great Christmas but I will save that for another post.

5 comments:

  1. i am so glad that worked. they saved our life when tate first started teething. he was much worse than reese. i am so sorry it is rough for you guys. it stinks

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love those things! they have been a major life saver!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about those - they were my fave! You should taste one, they're kind of yummy. Sorry you haven't been getting much sleep. I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH! I hate teething. and I will for SURE be remembering these tablets when this new baby is teething.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, only 19 to go! " ) I'm glad that those teething tabs helped make it easier on him. teething can be so hard for babies!

    ReplyDelete