Wednesday, July 30, 2008

He's a fighter

I can't believe our little guy is already three weeks old today!

We are still in the adjusting period which means:

Sleeping is definitely a luxury that I no longer have. Zack just hasn't figured out his days and nights yet. I can usually get him to fall asleep around 11:00 but then I have to stay up just to make sure he stays asleep, because sometimes he likes to pretend to be asleep then wake up 20 minutes later. Okay so he doesn't really pretend to be asleep but he does like to fight it.

Breastfeeding is not going well at all! I've gone to a lactation consultant and talked to Zack's pediatrician's nurse, but he just isn't having it. I think we just have a very lazy baby. But then again I have so much milk that I'm able to "express" it without really even trying. This evening I was basically squirting it into his mouth and he STILL didn't want to latch on. Sorry hope that wasn't TMI. So any suggestions would be great to get him to latch on. I am pumping so at least I know that we tried and he got a good start. It's just frustrating because I've always wanted to breastfeed and now I can't. GRRR. Oh well that's life right.

Bob's also still trying to figure Zack out. It's so hard because I'm home with him nearly 24/7 and he's only with him in the evenings. So when Zack cry's he doesn't really know what to do. So he feeds him or changes his diaper. Which 90% of the time is what he needs but then there is the other 10% of the time that Zack just is fussy and there really isn't a "cure" for it. But he's a great dad and is so cute with our little man! And I'm able to take naps in the evenings when he gets home.

I just hope that his little fighting personality isn't a early sign as to what his personality will be like in the future. He fights us on everything! Eating, changing his diaper, bathing, sleeping, etc.

And here are some pictures from the past week

Before and after pictures of his bath.
He was just getting ready to scream when I took the bathtub picture. He loves his hair to be washed but screams when I'm washing the rest of him.

Zack and Abbie

This is the first outfit that I bought. I actually bought it even before we were pregnant, just because I liked it so much.

Look how cute his feet are!

And a funny "conehead" picture of Zack. Thanks Candice for the cute hats and clothes!

3 comments:

  1. oh, he is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my babies loved bath time...I don't know what I'd do if they fought it. I can't believe he has so much hair!! You spike it soo cute!

    I loooove him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think alot of babies fight in the beginning. It's a big adjustment for them!

    That hat is a little big for him... it'll fit him for the fall, though! He is so adorable! As soon as I get moved and everything settles down I want to babysit!

    ReplyDelete