Thursday, March 15, 2012

My baby is 2

It took me 2 days to get all the pictures I wanted uploaded for this post!  Thank you Blogger for making things easy.  If anyone has suggestion for an easy way to upload let me know. 

Okay now onto the post...

Seriously I can't believe that my Baby is 2 already.  Time really does fly by.  Gavin is getting so big and SO independent.  Just the other day I bought him new shoes and he would not wear them.  When we finally got them on him he just screamed.  Not because they hurt his feet but because he did not want THOSE shoes.  We eventually returned them and got a different pair that he picked out.  And he wears them every day.  We are officially done with the Binkie as well.  Can I get a Halleulah?!  We did a day or two relapse when he found a binkie at Grandma and Grandpa's house but that was quickly hidden and he hasn't asked for it since. 

This year for Gavin's birthday we invited just family again.  Winter birthdays are hard because we don't really have the room for a ton of people so small parties is what he'll get.  When he's older we will definitly have a friend party. 

For Gavin's actual birthday activity Deanna and I took our kids to the The Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point.  It was so much fun!  The kids had a blast running around and looking at all the dinosaur bones.  Not sure which was their favorite part.  Zack seemed to really like the water part where he got to play in the sand and the water and build islands with trees and dinosaurs on it.  Gavin not so much, he hated his hands getting dirty.  Gavin and Kairi did seem like they liked the dinosaur that you could build your self.  The parts of the dinosaur had velcro on it and they had fun there. 

Picture with the boys and I.   Thought it fitting to get a picture of the Utahrapor... since we live in Utah... LOL.

Gavin with the head of the dino that you can build yourself.

Zack playing in the sand... Gavin not so much.
I just found the bones very interesting.  I've always liked seeing the dinosaur.  It's fun to imagine them alive.  All in all we had a really good time.

For Gavin's party we a Dr. Seuss themed party.  It was very fitting since Gavin was born on Dr. Seuss's B-day!  I found so many cute ideas for Dr. Seuss party.  In the end I went with Red, Blue and White for the colors... very 4th of July but the blue was light enough that it was fun!  I made Cat in the Hat hat's for each family member and tried to have a hat for each kid that came.  Food we had: Green Eggs and Ham (of course), Baked Potato Bar, Pasta Salad, I made a Pretzel Salad but forgot to put it out for anyone to eat...oops, Goldfish, Thing One or Two Cupcakes topped with blue cotton candy and marshmellows dipped in chocolated then sprinkles.  It really was a lot of fun.  I should have done some games but it's hard with such young kids and then all grown ups.  We Ate, Sang Gavin Happy Birthday and Opened presents.  All in all it was a fun night.  I'm really glad that everyone was able to come it was fun to get together with everyone and Gavin loved everything he got, even if he just threw the clothes.  LOL.

And now pictures from the Party




Birthday cupcake.


Gavin's new bike.  He's pretty excited to have somewhere to store things as he rides.  Still working on the pedals though.
Happy 2nd Birthday Gavin. Please don't grow up too fast. 
 
and on that note I'm going to go cry... my baby can't be two!

No comments:

Post a Comment