Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Zooing we will go

In our family there are two people that have never been to the zoo (and one of them isn't the cat). That's right my friends and family, Bob has never been to the Utah Hogle Zoo; not even on a field trip. Actually the first time he's ever been to a Zoo is when we were in Australia and we went the the Steve Irwin Australian Zoo. Crazy, I know!

So we got a membership.

It's something that I want Zack to grow up doing. And I think the membership is going to be perfect because then we don't have to worry about seeing EVERYTHING in one trip. So Wednesday we went to the Zoo. It was a lot of fun, and the zoo has changed so much since I've been there. There is a new Elephant Habitat, The Cat house has totally been redone so instead of the "cats" in cages they are in what looks like a natural habitat. The penguins are where the seals use to be. And sadly there aren't any Polar Bears, Hippos, Lions or Seals, all which I fondly remember. On a happy note a Giraffe is about ready to have a baby and one of the Elephants is pregnant and should have a new little one in the next month or two.

Zack seemed to enjoy the Zoo. I would let him out of his stroller every once in a while and we point at the different animals. I think he's realizing that there are more animals out there then just a silly cat.

Here are a few pictures from out trip.



And a picture of Zack and one of his friends. Notice Zack is trying to steal his food (That's my son for you!)



And some of the animals that we saw....

2 comments:

  1. HEY.
    I'm planning on getting a pass too... we should go sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is sooo handsome! how fun! we love the zoo!

    ReplyDelete