Monday, July 27, 2009

Birthday post

I can't believe that it's already the end of July and I still haven't posted anything about Zack's birthday. I may be running for bad mom of the year or I could just be super busy being a mommy to a toddler. I'm going for the second, just to make myself feel better.

We had a great time for Zack's birthday. We invited family and some close friends over for his party. We barbequed hot dogs and hamburgers and everyone helped out with salads and chips. It's nice having a birthday in the summer because your guarenteed to have a party outside. The downside is IT'S HOT! Next year there will definilty be water involved in his party.

Zack seemed to have a good time. We had the party at 2:00 pm so he had his afternoon nap and was ready to go. When he got up from his nap he walked into the living room to find his grandma holding a bouquet of 30 balloons. And if you know Zack HE LOVES BALLOONS. He squeeled with excitement and ran to greet his grandma and the balloons. He loved them! That could have been his whole party and he would have been happy.



We ate food, opened presents and of course had cake. At first Zack was very neat with his cake. But once Mom showed him to how stick his hands into the cake it was game on. He demolished that cake. And he had such a great time doing it!
A before and after of the cake

2 comments:

  1. I can not beilve your little guy in finaly one. He is so so so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad we missed the cake! Oscar was the same way with his, too. I was such a bad mom and didn't do that for Marisol! She's going to hate me forever, I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete