Saturday, January 10, 2009

6 Months

Dear Zack,

I can't believe you are already 1/2 a year old. Time really has flown by. You are a true blessing to our family! There are days when you are napping and I can't wait until you wake up so I can play with your some more (but then there are also days I just want you to sleep so I can get things done).

This past month you have grown up so much. You got your two teeth. Only one day of crying and you were done. Your such a strong boy!


You've masters the art of sitting all by yourself. You haven't gotten to the point were you can get to the sitting position by yourself but when we sit you down you can sit for a long time!

You are playing with your toys by yourself and your personality has really started showing through. You've got a few favorite toys already.

When we play games and mom gets tired you still want to keep playing. Your favorite games are when I crash you into the Love Sac. If I stop, you propel yourself forward forcing me to think fast and catch you. You are so much fun to have around.

You've recently started getting on your hands and knees. It's fun to watch you try to crawl. Your not quite there yet, but I know you'll be speeding around the house in no time. The only problem is when your on your knees you usually fall to your stomach and that frustrates you. So we are constantly setting you back on you bum only to have you on your stomach seconds later.


You've also started to pull yourself up on people laying on the ground, your crib and the playpen. We now have to lower everything to keep you safe.


This past month we celebrated Christmas and you saw the New Year be rung in. Welcome to 2009 little man!

We had had Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa Speakman on Christmas Eve. They brought you a fun toy that played lots of music and a new jacket. You didn't quite know what to do with the presents but you tried. On Christmas all of my side of the family came to our house for breakfast and to open presents. It was so much fun sharing that time with them. You were really spoiled today, not only did Santa bring you some fun stuff, but Grandma Visser, Aunt Jeanette and Aunt Jo brought you some noisy toys. Mom will have to thank them later. I know that next Christmas you will "get it" a little more and we'll really have fun!

We also finally got you a high chair. You like it so much more then sitting in the bumbo.


You'll be going in for surgery next month to have a few things "fixed". It's going to be so hard on the both of us, but you most of all.

I love you so much and you make our house so much fun!

And the 6 Month Comparison... Look how much you've grown!

6 comments:

  1. oh my word!!!! He is 6 month?! AND TEETH?!!! WOW! What a cute kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Jenn! He has grown up so fast. I am so happy for you! Children truly are such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is cute! the next six months are even crazier and they go crazy fast! buckle up. sorry about his surgery. what is wrong? we look forward to seeing you guys on friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you take monthly pictures of him. I did the same thing with both of my kids for their first year. I put them next to an outfit they wore in the hospital. I still take the same sort of picture at the year mark. They grow so fast when you see it in pictures.

    ReplyDelete