Sunday, February 3, 2013

SuperBowel = Super Fun

My family is amazing when it comes to parties.  We've always gone way out and always have more then enough food.  This year for Superbowl was no exception.  49er's -v- Ravens.  It was going to be a good rival. 

Here's the story.  I've been a Dallas Cowboy fan since High School (jumped on the bandwagon when they were winning SuperBowls).  They aren't the best team in the league now a days, but they were the only team I've every claimed as my own.  Anyways when Bob and I got married he found out I was a Cowboys fan.  He couldn't accept that being that he HATES the Cowboys so he told me to choose a new team... LOL.  I love purple and I went to Weber State (purple & white) so I asked which teams were Purple.  My two options: Baltimore Ravens & Minnesota Vikings.  So I chose the Ravens.  So they have been my unofficial favorite team (still Cowboys are my #1 team).  Through the years Bob has realized that I do like the Cowboys and he's accepted it, he's even bought me a Jersey and my own Cowboys cup.  But still I've always cheered for the Ravens.  So yeah for them being in the SuperBowl this year!  Only problem Bob's team is and has been the San Fransisco 49er's.  They have been his team since.... Forever!  So this year we have a official SuperBowl rival!

My family came over.  We had good food and a lot of fun.  Pretty much everyone was cheering for the 49er's so my sister and I were the only Raven fans this year.  Guess who won!  Yup the Ravens.  But it was a good game.  Ravens ran up the score quite a bit the first half.  During the second half the Ravens started strong.  Then the power went out in the Stadium for about 1/2 hour.  The 49ers came back and really pushed hard.  It was a good second half.  But in the end Raven's won.  Luckily my hubby is a good sport and wasn't too upset that MY team won.  Only sad part, it was so noisy in the house we couldn't hear the commercials.  Guess I'll have find them online and watch them.  My favorite was the Budweiser Clydesdale horse commercial.  It really got us teary eyed. 

And now for the pictures:
Yummy food for the Superbowl.  I even made little pennants for each team.  They were fun.  But more of a hit for the kids then for the adults.  Oh well.  They made cute decorations.

  

 
 
I made the little kids a 49er's Tshirt.  For my niece I added a little bit of pink to the sleeves to make a little more girly.
 
My cute little family.  First Superbowl I've actually had a Tshirt to match the team that is playing.


No comments:

Post a Comment