Thursday, June 3, 2010

Still Here

Just wanted to say that I'm still here. Blogging has become much harder with two small children. I love both my boys so much and try to spend as much time with them as possible.

It's been hard to blog (or be on the computer) when Zack is awake because he loves to "help" me. He pushes buttons and tries to play with the mouse. It's really difficult to type things with little hands helping.

Zack and Gavin are doing amazing. Both boys keep me on my toes. When ones asleep the other is usually awake. But I love it! Gavin has grown so much in just the past month. He smiles and laughes and love to be sitting upright. He also pushes up on his legs so he's standing. He hasn't rolled over yet, but man can he move. I'll set him on the ground on a play mat and he'll move in circles and sometimes right off the mat. Zack is ALWAYS on the move. It really surprises me how much energy that little body can hold. We have had a problem getting him to bed at night and also keeping him in bed. We've gotten in the habit when he wakes up at night to take him in bed with us because he falls right to sleep. But now he expects to sleep with us. It's really hard and we don't know how to break him of this habit.

Life has been an adjustment for us. I lost my job two weeks before Gavin was born. With the economy being so bad it's been hard to find a job that will also cover daycare for two little kids. It just doesn't make sense for me to go to work only to have my entire paycheck go to daycare. So far we've been okay. It's tight most months for us but we are making by. Eventually I will have to get a job though.

Bob had a friend move in this month and that has also been an adjustment for us. We are trying to finish the basement so he has a place to put all his stuff. He also has his kids a few days each month so we want them to have a space as well. So far we have the entire basement (minus the bathroom) framed and sheetrocked. Bob will be working on getting it mudded and taped this week. It will be a mess but so worth it soon! And the end result is we will have a finished basement.

Summer is finally here and that means free lunch in the park!!! And swimming! I love the summer. I hope Zack takes to the water better this year especially since I'll have Gavin with me as well. We have a busy Summer planned so far. June weekends are completely booked. July is already starting to book up and we've even got things in August planned. With bridal showers, weddings, baby showers, and soon to be niece, then baby blessing it's going to be a busy time for us! But I love it.

coming soon. Gavin's 3 month post.
But it's nearly 1 AM and I need to get to bed. I just wanted to update my blog and as I mentioned I can only do it when Zack is asleep. Today he went to bed (in his own bed) at 11:45 pm. Of course I had to lay on the floor until he fell asleep. Any suggestions on getting him to go to bed on his own? Once we get Gavin in there I'm worried that Zack will wake him up with is chatter or his crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment