Wednesday, June 9, 2010

3 Months Old


Gavin is three months!

This month Gavin turned three months old. As you can see from the picture this little boy is not starving! I call him chunk a monk. He's so much fun. He's started to smile at people. He loves to be standing on his own feet (he has strong legs). He doesn't like to have tummy time though. I've worried that his head is lopsided (which the doctor has commented on but isn't concerned). A friend let us borrow her jumper and Gavin LOVES it. He just gets so happy when we put him in it. Zack also likes it when he's in the jumper because then he can play with him a little more. Of course we have to watch Zack because sometimes he gets a little rough with Gavin and starts spinning him around our bouncing him too hard.


Gavin has been such a great baby. He's easy to read and we pretty much can pick up on most of his cues. People say that the second child is easier and I would have to agree. I think it's been easier because we aren't new parents anymore. We aren't scared of these little people anymore and understand that they aren't as breakable as they look. Of course there are challenges of being a mom to two boys. Zack still needs a lot of our attention and he doesn't understand when we are attending to Gavin we can't just drop everything for him. And now that it's gotten warmer Zack wants to go to the park ALL THE TIME, but we have to wait until Gavin wakes up or is finished with his bottle.


Recently Gavin has started sleeping through the night which I have loved. Of course the minute I mentioned it to someone he's started waking up 2-3 times at night again... ugh! Oh well this too shall pass. And most of the time I don't mind getting up, he's only up to take a bottle then quickly falls asleep. And I'm able to catch up on showes that I have recorded on our DVR.


Even though Gavin was a surprise to us. I am so thankful for him to be a part of our family. He's a great little guy and I just love his smile and his laugh. Speaking of laugh Gavin just giggles when we are taking off his clothes and putting them back on. It's so cute! Just makes me wonder what he's thinking.




2 comments:

  1. SO glad he's sleeping for you! He looks healthy and happy!! it was GOOD TO SEE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Blogs! I LOVEEE the first picture on this post! SOO cute! I'm excited to keep up on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete