Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ramblings of a pregnant women who should be in bed....

Already this pregnancy has been a lot different then with Zack.

With Zack:
I didn't start feeling sick until the 2nd trimester and then I was sick every night and sometimes in the afternoon.
I felt like by this time with Zack I had already had three or four dr. appointments.
The doctor actually measured my belly.
We had heard the heartbeat a few times.
I took tons of weekly pictures.

With this pregnancy:
I felt sick pretty early, but was able to contain it. I've only been physically sick a few times.
This week will be my third dr. appointment.
We still haven't heard the heartbeat (cross your fingers they actually find it this time!).
I'm afraid to take pictures of myself because I know I'm WAY bigger then I was before.

I'm not sure if I'm having some sort of depression about this pregnancy. I'm very excited for the new addition to our family. But I think with Zack we were much more prepared. It was planned. I was working full time so we were able to buy everything and then some for Zack. With this pregnancy I'm only working part time and I feel like we are barely making ends meet with mortgage, car payment and day care. It's been very hard for me to think about what we may need to buy for this new little one. Let alone how I'm going to take any time off work. I'm not sure Zack is ready for a toddler bed so we'll probably end up buying a new crib. I also don't think we'll be able to fit two cribs in Zack's room so we are trying to finish the basement with any money that we can, so the new baby can have the computer/scrapbook room upstairs. Which means we'll need to decorate the new baby's room. I know that things will work out... they always do. But I'm a worrier and I think about things way to much.

This is a dumb post, but it's just something that I'm feeling... I guess. It's also midnight so I'll probably delete the post in the morning.

But just to clarify... I am very excited for this baby. I know it's going to completely change the dynamics of our already small family. It's something that we wanted and I'm glad that it happened on it's own. I know that this baby is going to be a blessing for our family and we will do what we need to do to make things work.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're having a tough time, dear. I think the second time around is tough on a lot of women. The first one is so exciting and new and with the second one you realize all the trials that come with having a baby. Things will work out the way they need to. I'm here for you and I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenn, I wish I could just hug you. Things Will work out. We can make things to decorate the new babies room if you want. And I just happen to have a crib that I don't need. Its all yours if you want it! I'm sorry that you feel stressed!

    ReplyDelete