Monday, October 20, 2008

Time... what's that?

Last Wednesday I officially went back to work. It's been hard leaving Zack every day. But it's also nice that I only have to work for 4 hours a day. By the time I'm really missing him, it's time for me to get off. So I'm still spending the majority of my time with him.

I've also started working for ChaCha as a guide. It's been ummm.... interesting. People have weird questions they want answers to. And sometimes it seems they just want someone to talk to them. I only made $.10 a text when I started but now I'm up to $.20 a text. It can change weekly so hopefully I will stay making the $.20. And for anyone that doesn't know what ChaCha is; you send a question via text message to 242242 (ChaCha) and a guide will look up the answer online and send a text back. I do all my work on the computer. It's a job I can do when Zack is napping or at night before I go to bed. I started on Oct 5 and so far I've made just over $100.

People ask how I like being back at work. It's a job. But I like the idea that we'll have a little bit more income coming in. We still need to stay on budget but it will be nice to have the extra cushion and stop dipping into our savings to pay for stuff.

Well I better get to bed, I'm sure Zack will wake up around 1:30 a.m. He was sleeping through the night, but then he got a cold and that went to pot. Now I think he's hit a growth spurt because it doesn't seem like we can keep him feed. He's such a cute little guy!

3 comments:

  1. chacha sounds like fun. hopefully you can make enough doing that, then you can leave your other job! i hate when the little ones are sick, it makes you feel so bad for them. let me know if there is ever anything that i can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap! Chacha should sooo be my thing- I love to text (i feel neglected when no one writes) and I have an addiction to google...

    then again, I'd hate feeling used. LOL.

    p.s. I NEED another pic of baby zack! right now- thx! xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with work, i really feel for you! i hope you can make enough money soon so that you can stay home with your little man.

    ReplyDelete