Tuesday, May 27, 2008

34 Weeks

Wow already 34 weeks along. The time seems like it has flown by. But I'll admit the past few weeks are dragging by. I know the closer I get to the due date the longer the weeks are going to seem, especially when I stop working.

I'm actually nervous not to work. I've been working since I graduated high school sometimes two or three jobs at a time. So it's going to be crazy not working at all.
Just for fun here is a list of places I've worked (in order from when I graduated from High School, and like I said some I worked at while working other places.)
Fred Myers
Shopko
Weber State Dental Hygiene Program
Sears
Oshman's
Sold Magazines Door to door (started in Minnesota ended in New York)
Dial-a-America (magazine sales by phone)
Target
Home Depot
Convergy's
Standard Examiner (delivered newspapers)
Lake Park Apartments
Tempest Reporting
Target (again)

This weekend I think I felt my first Braxton Hick's contraction. It was early in the morning, when I just couldn't find a comfortable spot to sleep. I was lying on my side and all the sudden I felt like I had a menstrual cramp. I tried to roll over to see if it was just the way I was lying but moving hurt too much. My stomach was hard so I figured it was probably Braxton Hicks. It didn't last long and I haven't had another one. Kind of exciting and kind of scary. We still have 6 weeks to go, so lots to do.

Also starting last Thursday I've been having a pain in my left calf. I talked to the on-call doctor on Saturday and he didn't seem concerned. There is no swelling in that leg so he doesn't think it's a blood clot. It's just really uncomfortable. I have a hard time walking through a grocery store without limping now. Just another fun part of being pregnant I guess.

** update ** I called my doctor again yesterday and since the pain was still there and getting to be more consistent then just when I walk; they ordered an ultrasound. I went to the hospital and had the ultrasound done. No blood clot so that makes me feel a lot better. I guess it's just a pain I'll have to endure until after the baby is here.

3 comments:

  1. The left leg cramp is normal! When the baby starts getting bigger there is less room and more spots for him to push on! It's a normal thing because you have a big artery (I think I'm spelling that wrong) on that side of your body. I had this same thing happen with Calvin!

    I also worked at target. LOL I won't ever go there wearing RED!

    Man Jenn, I can't believe you're almost done and this baby will be out soon! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to see pics! WOOHOO baby here you come! lova ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you were on top of the blood clot thing, though. Having had a massive one (And having Zero idea what one was at the time) I am always telling pregnant women to be careful of things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't contractions fun? Ya, right. It is kind of exciting to know that you're body is preparing to bring your little guy into the world. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete