Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Baby!

Seriously can you believe it's already been one year since Gavin came into our lives. What a trip! I love that little guy so much. I can't even imagine him not in our family. He has a such a wonderful personality.



His 1 year stats:
30.7 inches tall (between 75 and 90th percentile)
25.3 pounds (between 75 and 90th percentile)

Verdict he's a big boy! And we love every inch of that little guy!

For Gavin's birthday I took the boys to the park. Yes I realize it's only March but they are getting tired of being in the house and it was warmish. The trip didn't last very long because Gavin fell on the slide and cut his lip. He was bleeding ALOT! So we ran home and got the blood to stop. Probably not the best start to his birthday.

When daddy got home we went to Famous Daves for dinner. (I'm not a fan -- still not.)



Afterwards we went to Grandma and Grandpa Speakman's house for Grandma's traditional first birthday train cake. Gavin was a little hesitant in making a mess with the cake. For the most part he just picked off the candy from the cake. But after we gave him a piece he really got into it. Oh yeah and the little stinker would not look at the camera. GRRRR.





It was a pretty low key day, but we knew that Saturday was going to be the big day. Gavin's first birthday party with family.

I got to admit I get a little crazy with parties. I have big plans and a lot of ideas but in the end I'm rushed because I'm a procrastinator and try to get everything done the night before. This party was no exception to the rule. I've been planning his party in my head for over a month now. In my mind it looked amazing. The party still turned out amazing but just a little different then I had planned.

For dinner we had Sliders (mini hamburgers), pigs in a blanket, salads and chips. The food turned out really good. It was fun to have the little hamburgers I think. I just thought it was appropriate to have little food for our little birthday boy. I originally wanted to have the party to be a car theme but it ended up being more of a color theme. I found some fabric to make a banner for Gavin's birthday and the party pretty much centered around that. But it was perfect. Hopefully Gavin likes the color green because that's what we've pretty much picked for him :).


I made the banner for behind his high chair, cupcake toppers and his t-shirt. I must admit I was pleased with how it all turned out. I wish I knew how to make the cupcakes look more professional but I tried. One day I'll take a Cupcake decorating class... yes that is my dream. But until then these will have to do.



After dinner we had Gavin open presents. And when I say Gavin I really mean Zack opened the presents, quickly showed them to Gavin then moved onto the next present. Poor Zack didn't quite understand the concept that it was Gavin's birthday and not his. Luckily Gavin is good at sharing for now and allowed Zack the opportunity to help him with his presents and even let him play with most of them.



Then it was time for cake. Not really sure why it's so exciting to have a one year old devourer a cake but it's tradition. Gavin didn't really get into it too much. I know my mom has better pictures then I do of Gavin but these will have to do for now.




Like I said all in all the party was a wonderful success. It was for a one year old who won't remember a thing about the party but I wanted it to be perfect for my little man. He's a wonderful guy and we are so lucky that he's healthy and chose to be a part of our family.

And some more pictures from the party. These are our party guests (minus my dad, Debbie and Lori who had to leave early)





Gavin also enjoyed playing with the decorations when the party was over. I think this was his favorite party of the entire night. Poor guy had people overload and didn't want to be put down for more then a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment