Sunday, December 6, 2009

SNOW!

A week or two ago we had our second snowfall of the season. The first one didn't stick around long enough to go out and play (that and we didn't have any warm clothes for Zack yet). Bob tries to shovel and salt the driveway during and right after it snows. This way he can keep the driveway clear in case it's a heavy snowfall. So Bob went out to shovel and I was trying to keep Zack happy even though his Daddy had left him. Well I failed miserably so we found his snow pants (compliments of Grandma Visser) and his jacket and out we went to play in the snow while daddy shoveled. And when I mean play in the snow I mostly mean Zack ate the snow. I don't know what fetish this child has with cold things (ice and snow) but he loves to eat them both. Of course at first I couldn't find his gloves so he just ate the snow using his fingers. But they were getting cold! So back into the house I went to find his mittens. We tried the mittens at the BYU/Wyoming game and they didn't work very well, Zack just wanted to pull them off. But his time I think he actually understood that by having the gloves on his fingers stayed toasty. So he allowed the gloves to be put on and continued to eat the snow. After Bob was finished with the driveway he tried to get Zack to do a snow angel. It 1/2 way worked. Mostly Zack just layed there, wondering what his daddy was doing to him. Plus he was rudely interupted in his snow eating. We got a couple pictures then back into the house. I was cold and Zack's little face was all rosey.







It's too bad the snow didn't stick around too long, but we are waiting patiently for the next round of snowfall.

1 comment: