Monday, June 29, 2009

Pool Time.... or not

Last Wednesday I took Zack to the pool. To say it didn't go well is kind of an understatement.


We got to the pool, applied sunblock to the both of us, then headed out to look for some friends. We found them in the deeper pool (about 4 feet). At first we sat on the edge of the pool with our legs dangeling in. That didn't seem to faze Zack too much. I thought "yipee, he's over his fear of water" (bath time is improving). So we got into the pool. He HATED it. He clung to my neck trying to get out of the water. Then a kid would swim by and splash him and he's freak out. I'm hoping it's just a matter of getting use to the water and the new environment. He's not quite one yet so all this stuff is still pretty new to him.




He did however love running around the outside of the pool. Which was fun for me because I got to follow him. He also wanted to climb the stairs to the slide but they were wet (another freakout) and when he got use to that a kid would walk by and splash him (another freak out). We tried the kiddie pool where the water isn't deep at all. But again he hated it. He would just try to climb up my leg. And don't forget the splashing or the fact that the kid pool has tons of water being squirted from all directions.


We'll continue to go to the pool this summer and hopefully he'll eventually get use to the water.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's so sad! Hopefully he gets over it. And how cute is that little hat?!?! I love it!

    ReplyDelete